Choosing the perfect front door for your Burlington home can be a challenge. You want it to add to your home’s curb appeal, be welcoming to guests, and suit your home’s overall style and architecture. But with so many styles to choose from, how do you decide? Here are a few tips to help you pick out just the right front entrance door for your home!
Choosing The Right Material
A good place to begin is by looking at the material options you have for your front door. Choosing a material allows you to think not only about the appearance you want but also about your long-term needs for durability, security and so forth.
- Fiberglass – Fiberglass doors are extremely durable and low maintenance. For Burlington homeowners who love the appearance of natural wood but don’t want the hassle of maintenance, wood-grain fibreglass doors offer the appearance of wood with the durability of fiberglass.
- Wood – Wood doors are classic and elegant, not to mention naturally energy efficient. Keep in mind that wood does require more maintenance than fiberglass.
Complement Your Home’s Architecture
The next step in choosing a front door is finding one that fits well with your home’s architecture. Here are some ideas to help you make your choice.
- Traditional Homes – If your home is traditional, consider choosing a classic door to match the beauty of your home’s architecture. Wood or wood-grained fiberglass, along with some bold hardware, would be sure to make a statement.
- Craftsman-Style Homes – One of the great features of this type of home is the open concept and natural sunlight that is allowed to come into the home.
- Modern or Contemporary Homes – Is your home characterized by open spaces and clean lines? For a more modern architectural style of home, consider a fiberglass door that complements the high-end look of your home.
Select Your Hardware
Once you have chosen just the right door, choose the hardware with the appearance and functionality that you want. Deadbolts can be paired with a range of entry sets, handles or doorknobs.
Add Glass To Your Front Door
If you want to bring more natural light into your home, consider adding glass. While this can be done by means of glass panels in the door itself, you can also add sidelights or transom lights, which can give your home’s entryway a grander appearance.
Contact Doorway Inc. today!
When choosing a front door for your Burlington home, there are many factors to consider, but the experts at Doorway Inc. are here to help.
Call us today or visit our showroom to get started!